Dog owners only want the best for their beloved pets. You can help give it to them by providing them an open outside environment where they are free to play to their heart’s content. Artificial pet turf can transform any outdoor space into the ultimate playground for your dog. Here’s how to install pet-friendly artificial turf.
It must be noted that you can save yourself time and effort simply by calling an artificial turf installer to help implement your landscape design. But if you feel like handling this job by yourself, here are the steps that you need to take.
- Begin by removing all of the debris and rocks from the area
- Use a sod cutter or shovel to level the ground and remove the top four inches of the grass.
- Add a weed fabric over the leveled ground area. SGW Sacramento provides high-quality weed fabric that is designed to prevent weeds from growing inside your synthetic turf while still maintaining proper drainage.
- Install your sub-base. It is usually made up of a sand or gravel mixture. Some choose to use concrete or asphalt as a base instead.
- Wet the aggregate and then use a plate compactor to compact your stones
Installing the Pet Turf
- Plan all of your measurements and check to ensure that all of your materials are compatible with one another
- Cut your pet turf on all sides to the preferred size. Out of precaution, leave an extra inch for each side.
- Make sure that your pet-friendly artificial turf is wrinkle-free and then lay it in the area you are targeting.
- With another person, seam the pieces together with seam tape and adhesive.
- Put the sandbags on the seams to make the glue sticks well to the pet turf and the seam tape.
- For both sides of the seam, hammer the nails in a zigzag manner.
- To help anchor your turf to the soil, place anchor pins or spiral nails every six inches.
- Before adding infill, thoroughly brush your synthetic grass to make the infill application process easier.
- Apply your artificial turf infill. Choose only the market-leading infills such as Zeofill and Envirofill that are created specifically with your pet in mind.
- Water your lawn and clean up any loose grass materials.
SGW Sacramento can help address all of your pet turf needs. Rocklin and Sacramento distributors, installers, and homeowners know that they can rely on us because of our extensive record of providing world-class products and services. Our artificial turf looks and feels like real grass and is built to last, which is why we offer a 15-year warranty that guarantees your turf against defective materials or workmanship. To experience why so many have placed their trust in us, give us a call today at (916) 797-0682.